Saturday, November 29, 2008

In the Holiday Mood

I always love the Holidays, but this year I am super excited. My son, which he just turned 3 is really into it this year. He can't wait till Santa comes, when we bake a lot of fun goodies, and make a gingerbread house. I can't wait for those things either. I can't wait to see my son's face on X-mas morning, and just the excitement of opening up things and hear him screech with glee.

I also would like to start a tradition with him, now that he knows what is going on. I am not sure what we should do though. We always make cookies, because I have a cookie swap every year. We always make a gingerbread house, and we always cut down a tree and decorate it. I want a tradition that really is special. I was thinking maybe doing a crayon quilt. A quilt block square that he colors and decorates, and I will make a quilt out of it. And then I can make it a wall hanging. I will post more on what I found on how to make a crayon technique quilt in a later entry. I don't know, I am still deciding what to do.

What is your family tradition?

1 comment:

Kim Caro said...

That is the best ting about Christmas , making traditions with the family :)