Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Decided to jump into the blog world

I am still totally shocked at myself that I am starting a blog. I would describe myself as somewhat as a private person. Don't get me wrong, you can ask me anything about my life and you can't get me to shut up. But I guess someone has to ask, and I have to know you on some level. Here in the virtual world, I feel like everybody can see me, and they can judge. That is kind of scary, but I turned 30 this year, and I decided that I am not going to be afraid anymore. I decided to put myself out there, and most importantly put my work out there. I recently opened up shop, Dragonfly Fine Designs on etsy, and also started my own web site.

As long as I can remember I was always creating and developing things at a very young age. I remember putting on plays and concerts with my brother and cousins. We would come up with these elaborate productions, with costumes, props and all. As far back as I can remember I was always painting, baking, decorating, or anything else creative I could get my hands on. My mother being a self taught artist herself and my father being an incredible woodworker has had a great influence on the designer I am today. She was always painting and designing truly magical art. She always taught me the importance of art and creating in ones’ life. I can only hope that I can bring the same passion and love of art into both my kids lives.

It has been a challenge balancing myself, being a mother, a wife, and now a business owner. It is tough, and a lot of hard work. I don't think I really fully understood how hard it would be. But I am doing it. I think partly it is working because my husband has been there for me and he is my biggest cheerleader. Don't get me wrong, he still leaves his crap around the house, and has never cleaned a bathroom, as long as I have known him. But I don't think I could have done it without him. And with that, I say thank you to him....

So, my goals are:
1. I am hoping to post often, and talk about Dragonfly fine designs, the ups and downs of motherhood, and life in general.
2. Not be afraid and worry what other people say.
3. Most importantly have fun with this.

No comments: